It's time for my 3rd installment of my April Empties! These are all of the face products that I have used up over the last couple months.
First up is the Garnier BB Cream. I love this so much that it made it into my 2014 beauty favorites, as well as my travel essentials. I am already on my next tube of this, and it is already almost half gone. I love how light and beautiful it feels on the skin, while still giving lots of coverage. I use the combination to oily skin formula, but I don't find that it is too drying on my already dry skin. I have noticed that since we are coming out of the winter months and my skin is quite pale, the light/medium shade is a bit dark. I can't wait to be a bit more tan so that I can break this out again!
This is technically the second Bare Minerals Well Rested Undereye Concealer I have gone through. This powder is not only great for setting undereye concealer, but the yellow tint is perfect for hiding dark circles and brightening up the area. I repurchased this when I noticed I was getting low so that I wouldn't have to be without it.
I actually have two empties of the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, but the second one was considered an empty because I have had it in my drawer for quite some time and it had most likely expired so I tossed it. I was absolutely obsessed with this foundation for quite a while. I literally only wore this every day for over a year. This has a special place in my heart, because when I first started becoming interested in makeup, this was the first 'high end' foundation I bought. I haven't repurchased this yet, but once I use up a few of my current products I will probably pick this up again!
I first tried the Sephora Cleansing Water because Fleur De Force mentioned it in a couple of her favorites videos. I am always on the hunt for a great and gentle makeup remover. Although I will say this isn't quite the best for removing stubborn makeup like gel eyeliner, it is amazing for removing everyday makeup quickly and gently. I originally purchased the smaller 5 ounce bottle just to give it a shot. This bottle lasted me from December until April, and since I finished this up, I have already purchased the larger pump top 13.5 ounce bottle.
If you follow my Instagram you might have seen the giant bottle of Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser that I bought a couple months ago. This is the second smaller, 8 ounce, bottle of Purity I have used up. This will forever be a repurchased item for me. It is the best of the best, and is a staple in my beauty routine.
I have also used up a bunch of mascaras over the last few months. Some of then were just passed their shelf date, and some were dried up. Of my mascara empties 5 are full size and 3 were samples.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara: Other than my favorite Ulta mascara (which is tragically discontinued) this is my go to mascara. I have gone through a ton of these, and I have about three backups stored in my drawer. This gives the perfect amount of volume and length without going clumpy.
- Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara: I feel like the original Bare Minerals mascaras don't get mentioned a lot on many beauty blogs, but I really really like this mascara. I do want to clarify, that I only like the volumizing one, the other one with the plastic bristles, is in my opinion terrible. The volumizing one gives the perfect amount of fullness to the lashes, but doesn't look to crazy. It is perfect for everyday wear, and I already have a new one ready to go!
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara: Eh. I finished this mascara quite a while ago, and to be honest I don't remember if I liked or hated it. It wasn't an overly memorable mascara, and for $27.50 I expect to be wowed. I do know that the brush was a it bigger than I liked, and it often got all over my eye lid.
- Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara: I bought this mascara because I tried a sample (well, actually my mom had a sample and I stole it...Sorry Mom!) and loved it so I immediately went out and bought the full size. This brush is a large plastic brush, which is probably my least favorite style. And although I found the formulation a little bit watery, it did give my lashes lots of volume! I would recommend snagging a sample before trying the full size.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara: UGH. I don't know if I got a defective one, but this mascara was clumpy and dry from the beginning, and within a couple weeks it was pretty much unusable. I had such high hopes for this mascara, but it was a total flop for me.
The samples I used up were the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara, Buxom Sculpted Mascara, and the Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara. Of the three I only really loved the Smashbox mascara. I know it says that it is brightening, which I don't quite believe, but the formulations and wand are AMAZING! I love it so much! As for the other two, they both had weird wands to them and was left a bit underwhelmed by them.