August is proving to be a travel filled month for me. I feel like since the last weekend in July, my weekdays are filled with unpacking, washing my clothes, and then repacking my bag for the next weekend.
After packing my bag for the 3rd time in the last 4 weeks, I have my packing down to a science. Don't get me wrong, I still severely overpack. I actually wrote the beginning of a post talking about tips and tricks to pack as little as possible, and then I packed and didn't follow any of my own tips and tricks, and ended up packing 3 bags for a 4 day weekend. I do however feel that when it comes to packing my travel beauty bag, I've mastered it.
- Skincare - Whenever I travel I try to be extra nice to my skin. On vacations I am usually subjecting my skin to longer days, changes in temperature, swimming in pools and lakes, and indulging in some unhealthy foods. All of these and more can wreak havoc on my skin. I bring my favorite cleanser, serum, and moisturizer. I also depend on the small sample or travel sizes of these products, not only as a way to test the product out, but it takes up a lot less space.
- BB Cream - Every time I try a new BB cream I find myself forever coming back to the Garnier BB Cream. This gives a natural finish and just enough coverage to hide redness and blemishes, but not so much that your skin looks flat. The added SPF will also help to protect your skin.
- Blush, Bronzer, & Highlight Combo - There is no need to bring 3 separate products that take up space. I like this Urban Decay Flushed palette, because it comes with a matte bronzer, a perfect pink blush shade, and a beautiful highlight. These can all be used individually, or swirled together for a quick healthy glow. Also the bronzer and highlight make great eye shadows in a pinch.
- Eye Shadows - I like to travel with the Lorac Pro Palette, as well as the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Both of these palettes have great neutral colors to create numerous different eye looks. Both palettes are in great packaging, that makes it very easy to travel with.
- Lips - As a self-proclaimed lip product junkie, I try to minimize the number of lip products I bring with me when I travel. Partly because, sometimes lipstick packed away in a hot car or checked luggage can melt, so I try to not bring half of the lipsticks I own. I like to bring 1 or 2 bright lip colors and a neutral color. A perfect example of some bright colored lip colors would be the Too Faced Melted Lipstick in 'Melted Violet' or Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in 'Satsuma'. My go to neutral lip color when I travel is the Bite Beauty double ended lip stick in 'Lychee' and 'Musk'. This is great because it is compact and you get 2 colors in the size of one lipstick.
- Shower Essentials - For the most part my shower stuff is pretty basic...travel size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The only thing that varies from my everyday shower staples is my razor. When I travel I like to bring the Schick Intuition Razor. This has the shave cream surrounding the razor, so you don't have to worry about packing extra shave cream. It also is very moisturizing, so it leaves your skin feeling nice and soft after you shave.
- Basics - The remainder of my makeup bag is pretty boring. I bring some mascara, black liquid eye liner, setting powder, and my favorite brushes.
I toss everything in this Bare Escentuals bag, that came in a holiday set from a couple years ago, and I am good to go!