Spring is one of my favorite seasons, it brings warm weather, bright colors, and fun patterns. It also means longer days spent outside, and not much time for touching up my makeup throughout the day. During Spring I tend to go with a more natural 'no makeup' skin look, paired with bright eyes and lips.
These are my seven essential products for perfect skin, cheeks, eyes, and lips:
1. Cream Blush is a must have for any season. I especially like cream blushes because they last longer than a powder, and they melt into the skin for a truly natural finish. Cream blushes are also buildable, so you can use them for a light wash of color or build them up to be a bit more bold. I recommend MAC creamblend blush in 'So Sweet, So Easy' (shown below). NYX also has some of my favorite cream blushes at a more affordable price.
2. Butter Lipsticks are great to moisturize your lips while still adding some color. I also like butter lipsticks because since they don't have as much pigment as a standard lipstick as they wear down the color seems to fade evenly and doesn't leave a ring of color around your lips. My favorite is the NYX Butter Lipstick in 'Gumdrop', these are reasonably priced and come in a wide range of colors
3. Moisturizer with SPF is easily my most used product through out the warmer months. SPF is crucial to protect your skin from the sun and premature aging. I use this everyday, whether I am going to be wearing a full face of makeup or spending the day makeup free. My current favorite is the Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 from Simple. This moisturizer is very lightweight, non greasy, and has a classic sun screen smell.
4. BB Cream, or Beauty Balm, has become a favorite of mine during any season, but I find myself using it more often during the warmer months, when a full coverage foundation is just too heavy. BB Cream provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but not as much as a standard foundation. Most BB Creams also have SPF to help protect against damages from the sun. My two current favorite BB Creams are the Garnier 'Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream' in the shade Light/Medium and the Dior 'Diorskin Nude BB Cream' in shade 002. Both of these provide a little extra SPF protection and give a flawless natural finish to your skin.
5. Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner is a favorite because as the days get longer and I spend more and more time outside, I want an eyeliner that I know will last the day without needing to be touched up. A black eyeliner goes with any eye shadow combination and can be used to create a thin line or a more dramatic cat eye. My all time favorite eyeliner is the Stila 'Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner' in Intense Black.
6. Bright Eye Shadows are a must have for me because as my outfits get more colorful I want my makeup to follow suit. The Lorac 'After Glo' palette has quickly become a staple in my collection because it has 10 beautiful shades in a range of finishes and colors. I love this palette because it has some neutral shades for a more everyday look, as well as some bright blues, purples, and corals for a fun pop of color. My only complaint about this palette is the purple shade, it looks amazing in the palette, but when applied it is very sheer and doesn't have a great color payoff. The remainder of the shadows are very pigmented and extremely smooth.
I'm sure I could go on for days listing some of my other favorite products, but these are the best of the best.
What are your favorite products for Spring?