The Liebster Award is an opportunity for to get to know some new or small blogs. I was nominated by Wildflowers & Curls, and now it is my turn to answer some questions, and nominate 10 other blogs!
First things first, the questions from Wildflowers & Curls I have to answer!
1. What was the reason you started blogging?
I started blogging partly to justify my makeup collection, and partly because I needed a creative outlet. I have always loved makeup and loved telling people about it, so I thought that a blog would be the best way to share my love of makeup and beauty products.
2. When you aren't blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
I also have a full time job that consumes most of my time, so my blog is actually what I technically do in my free time. If I am not blogging or working I enjoy shopping, watching movies, or spending time with my family!
3. What is your favorite song?
This changes almost daily. Taking into consideration that it is now December, my current favorite is any song from the new Pentatonix Christmas album 'That's Christmas To Me'. My most played probably being 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing'.
4. Do you have a secret talent?
I don't think I have any secret talents, I don't have many secrets now that I think about it. I can pick up a lot of things with my toes, does that count as a secret talent?
5. Who is your favorite blogger/YouTuber?
6. What is one item you can't live without?
My cell phone. I am constantly losing it, but I think my panic every time I realize I left if in my car indicates how dependent I am on it.
7. Who inspires you (celebrity/author/singer)?
This was surprisingly easy, it is most definitely Mindy Kaling. She is so unapologetically herself, and has a great fashion sense too! I am currently reading her book, and she is just so funny and true.
8. How did you get your blogger name?
Deciding what to name my blog took FOREVER! I had the idea to start a blog quite a while before it actually saw the light of day. I decided on Chelsea Go Brightly after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. Although I will admit, I am not the biggest fan of the movie, I absolutely love the main character's makeup and style. Her name happens to be Holly Golightly, which eventually turned into Chelsea Go Brightly!
9. What is your favorite snack you can't resist?
Again, I have to pick just one?? One of my favorite snacks are kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips! They are so delicious!
10. What goal do you have for your blog?
I don't have any concrete goals, I just want to keep doing this as long as I enjoy it. I really do enjoy every aspect of my blog, and I don't want this to become a chore. I would like to expand to YouTube once I have a computer and software to edit videos.
So now it is my turn! I get to nominate some bloggers to answer my questions, once you answer the questions, pick 10 other small/new blogs to participate, and create your own list of 10 questions!
Here are my picks, be sure to click on their names to check them out!
- Mandii's Muse
- Classy Violet
- Brittany Leonardi
- Mommas & Munchkins
- The Haute Chic
- A Queen and Her Kings
- Alex Through The Looking Glass
- Cateyes & Carrie-alls
- I Sort Of Beauty
And here are your questions:
- How did you get started in blogging?
- If you weren't blogging, what would you be doing?
- What is your favorite Movie?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite beauty/makeup brand?
- What is your ideal vacation spot?
- What was your favorite blog post you've written?
- What other beauty bloggers do you like to follow?
- How did you decide on your blog name?
- What would be one thing you would do if you knew you wouldn't fail?
Good luck and have fun!